cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Configurations Disappear on CML-P on ESXi 6.5

Stephen Craven
Level 4
Level 4

I cross-posted this on the Cisco Learning Network's CML-P forum but have yet to receive any replies. (Which is the best place for CML-P support questions?)

We have a clean install of CML-P that loses all router configurations (IOSv and IOS XRv) when the server reboots or the simulation stops and restarts. We did a "write" of the configs on all the routers but after the server reboot or simulation restart all the of virtual equipment boots up into the initial configuration dialog.

I notice that when I try to save the router's configuration via "write" I get some errors (below) but the changes are seen in the NVRAM:startup-config file when I do a "more nvram:startup-config"

Router#write
Building configuration...

% IOSv: Failed to create/open configuration file for writing: flash:/nvram
[OK]
*Jul 23 11:25:07.241: %MAINBOARD_GE-3-BIA_DB_ERR: Failed to open the BIA to interface mapping database: No space left on device
*Jul 23 11:25:07.242: %GRUB-5-CONFIG_WRITING: GRUB configuration is being updated on disk. Please wait...
Router#
*Jul 23 11:25:10.757: %GRUB-5-CONFIG_WRITTEN: GRUB configuration was written to disk successfully.

Any thoughts on what is causing this issue? Googling reveals little except that related issues are seen in EVE-NG and GNS3 running on ESXi.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

dshalterman
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like my routers have been filling up with crash logs from buggy vIOS

try running  delete /force flash0:/crash*

then write memory.  

It seems to have resolved the issue for me. I am now able to see nvram in flash0:

For safe keeping I added an archive statement to my attached ubuntu server for file backups once ip reachability was resolved in the lab topology.

archive
log config
logging enable
hidekeys
path scp://labadmin:pwd@10.1.1.201/labs/labname/$h-$t
write-memory
time-period 1440

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: