Views
Helpful
Replies

bgp table

networkinblood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team ,

I am very much confused about BGP table ...I m still not sure it's BGP rib table or BGP routing table ..I came in this situation while performing LAB in eveng.  My set up was mpls ( ldp ) core  and PE _CE was running  EBGP .

CE1______PE1____mpls cloud ( mibgp )_____PE2___CE2

Ce _pe ebgp and ce1_ce2 ibgp and obviously pe1_pe2 bgpvpnv4 via RR ..

On PE 1 I hv used As override to allow route in CE1 and on CE2 I hv used allowed AS in to get route from PE2 ..

I hv advertise loopback of each ce routers in ebgp as well as ibgp ..

• If I m checking bgp table on PE 1  loopback of ce1 and point to point network I m getting  only via CE1 only ( denying all the prefix which is coming from Pe2 due to originator code ) but on PE2 I m getting local ce ( ce2) loopback and p2p network from CE2 as well as from PE 1

while debugging on PE1 I checked local route from pe2 denied due to local originated route ?? Can I see this denied route in BGP received route ( bgp rib in) because RR properly advertising those route I can check on rr in advertised route to pe1.

thnks in advance

2 Replies 2

networkinblood
Level 1
Level 1

hi team pls discuss

Ce _pe ebgp and ce1_ce2 ibgp and obviously pe1_pe2 bgpvpnv4 via RR

just correction, CE1-CE2 there is no ibgp.
CE will redistribute the prefix into PE which will carry them to other PE and from there to other CE. 

what I understand here the CE-PE subnet is appear in one side and not appear in other side ? if that the issue then check the network/auto-summary or redistribute the connect config under the BGP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: