Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C20 compatibility ?

CHRISLIMET
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

After reviewing carefully the release notes of the last firmware, i was excited to test this new proximity function on my Tandberg CISCO C20 but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work from my IPAD and my windows 10. It's always looking for devices on radio frequencies if my comprehension is correct. Can you confirm that the C20 is compatible with the Proximity ?

Do you have a mode to use wifi instead of the radio frequencies ?

Thanks for your help.

CISCO C20

Release TC7.3.4.e4daf54

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

TC software does not have a supported implementation of Intelligent Proximity. You can enable the Proximity feature as experimental on TC7.3.4 but it will not work with Desktop clients, only handheld with limited functionality. To turn it on: xConfiguration Experimental BYOD Mode: On

Intelligent Proximity is a feature for Collaboration Endpoint Software 8 (CE8.0.0). Unfortunately CE software is no compatible with the C-series endpoints.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

TC software does not have a supported implementation of Intelligent Proximity. You can enable the Proximity feature as experimental on TC7.3.4 but it will not work with Desktop clients, only handheld with limited functionality. To turn it on: xConfiguration Experimental BYOD Mode: On

Intelligent Proximity is a feature for Collaboration Endpoint Software 8 (CE8.0.0). Unfortunately CE software is no compatible with the C-series endpoints.

/Magnus

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Proximity does rely on WiFi (or any other form of active network connection) between the iPad and the endpoint.  The audio connection is only required for sharing the token between the two devices for pairing when in audio range.  All other communication between the two is done over the network.

If your iPad cannot talk to the endpoint over the network, it will not pair even if it can detect the audio beacon.

The Cisco Proximity Troubleshooting Guide might be of some use to you to help you find your problem.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.