cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SOLVED: Intermittent Proximity connection issues

chris.prime
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen multiple mentions about Proximity not connecting for some devices or intermittently on others and here's what I found today while troubleshooting my issue. I had to turn my sound bar up considerably before it would connect. I repeated the process multiple times with the exact same results. I assume different microphones, acoustics, distance from speakers, etc. all contribute to the connectivity issue. What it all came down to for me was getting a good sound connection between the speakers used by the VC unit and my computer microphone (pretty simple really). So, if you're having trouble connecting, try turning up the volume. I had to go from 15 to 30 on my sound bar before it worked. The good news is that once connected I was able to reduce it back to a normal volume without disconnecting.

Hope this helps!

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On TC software based endpoints, there is a setting under the experimental section for the volume of the audio pairing that can be adjusted from 0 to 90 (default is 70).  THis can be increased without affecting the normal volume of the system.

Note: some sound bars and TVs are better at producing the pairing sound than others.  Make sure your speakers are capable of supporting up to 22kHz

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.