Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 and Macbook Pro - Extended Monitor

sinraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All, 

I have DX80 and use a MacBook Pro. I am trying to connect my DX80 as an extended monitor to my mac (which was possible with the earlier MacBook Air) and I cant find the right cables process to do so. I was told Proximity might work but no luck with that either. 

Is there a fix or an alternate to this? 

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The DX80 works just as a normal HDMI monitor, and your new MacBook Pro should allow using the DX as long as you can connect to it. You might need a USB-C -> HDMI connector to do so. You can also choose if you want to mirror or extend your desktop.

Proximity is not suitable for this usecase. It only allows to mirror your laptop display, not extend it.

Best regards,
Henrik

Hello Henrik, 

Thank you for your reply. I tried everything possible but nothing seems to be working as yet. 

Connectors/Adaptors in use: (images attached)

On DX80 : ProLink HDMI Cable (came along with DX80) and previously worked well with MacBook Air

Connector: Thunderbolt 3(USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2

I've tried in both the HDMI ports on the DX80 but with no luck. Any help would be appreciated :) 

Thanks 

Sindhu

Macbook Pros had had a long term problem if you search through google with trying to use HDCP.

The DX80 will correctly detect HDCP protected content and disable showing it, so you need to make the output from your Macbook Pro not be HDCP protected.  One way to do this is to stick a box between your Macbook Pro and the DX80 that strips the HDCP from the HDMI signal.  

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I'm using both the Satechi Type-C MultiPort Adapter 4K V2 and the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport-adapter. Both of them work great on my DX80 and DX70. I prefer the Satechi one though since it provides more features than the Digital AV adapter from Apple.

Running CE9.4 and CE9.5 on the endpoints.