cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity sleeping when it shouldn't

mscane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm having trouble with Proximity sleeping and not connecting to a meeting room when I go into the room.

To get it to connect, I have to click on the icon in the dock to wake it up and then it will connect to the meeting room.

I have a laptop with an external monitor and I generally close the laptop lid and use the external monitor.

Looking at the log file, I can see that Proximity sees the lid close however it thinks the PC is going into standby.  The PC doesn't go into standby, it just switches to the external monitor.  However. proximity goes to sleep

Debug: Got lid switch change: 0
Info: Sleep listener: System is now considered to be sleeping
Debug: CodecCommunicator resetting state due to system suspend
Info: Input suspending due to system suspend
Debug: Stopping audio recorder. UltrasoundDataSize=15133440
Info: when=StopListening volumeInDB=0.000000 volumeAsScalar=1.000000 mute=Unmuted
Debug: Stopped audio recording.

Even if I open the lid and disconnect the external monitor, Proximity will not connect to a codec until I click on on the icon in the dock.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Laptop is running Windows 10 with Proximity 2.02

Thanks!

Max

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Just a few thoughts:

There has been some improvements to the Windows pairing logic where the app will force the microphone to ignore any noise canceller or other effects that may interrupt the pairing. Before this was a problem with many laptops running Windows and you had to turn off microphone effects manually...

The new logic does not kick in before until you click the dock icon (open the UI window). This was implemented to minimize the risk of Proximity causing issues for other applications utilizing the microphone (while Proximity is not in use). This may be the reason for the pairing to happen once you click the dock icon.

You do in fact close the lid right? It´s not like Proximity thinks you close the lid by connecting the external monitor?

/Magnus

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is some logic related to closing open presentations, etc. when you close the laptop lid. I can confirm that this is causing the behaviour you are seeing.

Is there a resolution to the problem? I have a similar issue where my proximity will not connect when laptop lid is closed even though laptop lid is set to do nothing when closed. But if lid is open it will connect just fine. I have verified the MIC is on and functional picking up sound when lid is closed.

Hey, I'm having the same problem, our CIO and other executives have SX10 and SX20 on their offices, they have their laptops docked and they expect to be be able to connect using proximity but this does not happen. I originally thought this was something to configure in windows but now I realized this is an expected behavior from proximity?