cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3650 IOS upgrade

T_tow
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3650 stack I want to do an IOS upgrade on.   It's currently running version 16.3.6 and I am upgrading to 16.3.7.  With the stack do I need to put the image on each individual switch or can I just put it on the master switch and will the master push it down to the other switches?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Switch(config)# boot syst switch all flash:[image name]   << this command will applied on all switch in stack

Switch(config)# boot syst switch 2 flash:[image name]   << this command will applied only in switch unit 2

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@T_tow Hello,

I sugges to you copy the IOS for each switch and do it using console cable. So if has any mismatch configuration, you can solve it in a good time.

But if you dont have this possibility, you can copy it to master and it will be replace to others unit.

To reduce the time yu take to upgrade, just load the new image to a USB and then copy it to the switch via the command
Switch#copy usbflash0:[image name] flash:

And repeat the same command for the second switch

Switch#copy usbflash0:[image name] flash2:

Once done change the boot system to the newly uploaded image

Switch(config)# boot syst switch all flash:[image name]

Then finally reload....

Hope this helps....

More information: https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/3850-stack-ios-upgrade/td-p/2348956

Jaderson Pessoa

Thanks for the reply so should I set the boot on each switch or just the master?

Switch(config)# boot syst switch all flash:[image name]   << this command will applied on all switch in stack

Switch(config)# boot syst switch 2 flash:[image name]   << this command will applied only in switch unit 2

Jaderson Pessoa

thanks Jaderson

You're welcome.

If possible, mark as helpful and solved all post that were help you.

Jaderson Pessoa

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Read the Release Notes. It will have the recommended method of using Install Mode instead of Bundle Mode.
Bundle Mode uses more memory and Bundle Mode boots up longer.