cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding SNMP V3 to NX-SO 7K

svadmin
Level 1
Level 1

We have NX-SO 7K that has 4VDCs and I am trying to implement SNMP V3 on the switch.  Does anyone have the instruction and the configuration to implement SNMP v3?   Also does it need to be implemented on every VDC or just the main (Default) switch where ports gets assigned to other VDCs ?

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is good example guide for your reference to start with :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/configuration/guide/cli_rel_4_0_1a/CLIConfigurationGuide/sm_snmp.html

vDC means you make 1 device in to 4 device, that means each vDC act as own switch. if you want to manage 4 vDC, you need to configure management for the same separate.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

unfortunately that is for 5K where there are no VDCs, I need to know if I need to setup SNMP v3 on every VDC or just the main admin one.

The document i was referering the NXOS command reference  to configure SNMP v3

For vDC - I have answered :

vDC means you making 1 device in to 4 device, that means each vDC act as own switch. if you want to manage 4 vDC, you need to configure management in each vDC .

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: