Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Practices for Optimizing Cisco Network Performance and Services

madbrain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community,

I’m looking to enhance the performance of my network and services using Cisco solutions and would love some advice from experienced users. What are the best practices for optimizing network performance and ensuring reliability with Cisco hardware and software? Any tips on configuration, monitoring, or troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 Replies 2

Ramblin Tech
Spotlight
Spotlight

Best practices for operating packet networks, Cisco or otherwise, can (and have) filled books. I would recommend talking to your Cisco rep to arrange a presentation by a Services Account Manager to hear about packages offered by Cisco’s Advanced Services organization. I worked with a number of AS engineers on large enterprise & SP accounts and they are generally sharp, with a deep team behind them, and can call on a vast library of best practices built up over many years. The difference between AS and TAC is that AS is proactive, while TAC is reactive, break-fix.

AS does not come cheap, but the right package for your network is usually worth it. 

Disclaimer: I am long in CSCO

Thank you for the detailed explanation! It’s helpful to know the distinction between Cisco's Advanced Services (AS) and Technical Assistance Center (TAC). The proactive approach of AS, combined with their extensive library of best practices, sounds like a valuable resource for maintaining and optimizing packet networks.

I’ll definitely consider reaching out to our Cisco rep to explore the services and packages offered by AS. Your insights have been very informative, especially regarding the value that AS can bring to a network.

Thanks again for sharing your expertise!