cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco core switch and unifi dream machine

charley672
Level 1
Level 1

This may seem a little convoluted but eventually we're going to be moving most equipment over to unifi but I need some help getting something set up that I can't quite figure out.

So currently we bought a unifi dream machine special edition we're going to be using this dream machine to host our guest network but also act as the controller for the other UniFi equipment. In our Network currently we have a

wan switch--> Palo Alto firewall --> Cisco catalyst 9300 series acting as the core switch.

Currently all our switches are on 10.40.10.x vlan 310.

On the unifi controller I have added all of our vlans to the controller under network as a third party gateway so at least they're on there and in the future I'll be able to configure switch ports when we change over.

I would like to create vlan 312 and have the dream machine be 10.40.12.1 on a lan interface of the dream machine.

I would also like to connect the wan interface of the dream machine to our wan switch and have the dream machine host our guest vlan and route that out through it.

For whatever reason I cannot remember for the life of me how to correctly configure a port on The Cisco side and a port on the dream machine so that I could reach it.

If I set the dream machine default network to 10.40.12.1/24 (unifi doesn't allow/32 on default network since it intends to be a dhcp server even though dhcp is off and default network doesn't seem to allow you to set a vlan) and use a port configured as default and on the Cisco side I've tried to add vlan 312 and configure a port as access with access 312 but I can't reach 10.40.12.1 from the switch. I believe by default on unfii it normally treats all ports on the dream machine and switchports normally as a trunk. I also tried to configure the Cisco port as trunk mode and allow all vlans and set the native vlan to 312 I still can't pass traffic through it.

Does anyone know how I can configure The Cisco switch to be able to talk to this unifi dream machine controller?

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what WAN Switch is this  (what model) is this layer 2 ?

I would suggest to use Palo alto FW as DMZ setup for Guest network, rather exposing directly to internet (behind FW always have protection)

you need to refer your vendor document how that device works, as long as you have right vlan and right routing in place that should work as expected.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help