Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime - problem with upgrade and licensing

wifimaster
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My Cisco Prime version license looks like below. 

version_prime.jpg

license_prime.jpg

I'm new employee for end customer which bought this license once. In the meantime, company was split, ownership and name was changed and so on. In general, extremely BIG mess. I was made upgrade of WLC and APs and I realized that probably because of that I lost nice visibility of signal spreading from APs, telemetry and other features even AP network availability view. That's why I start to dig, find contract and so on to proceed with Cisco Prime upgrade. Unfortunately, Partner which sold this doesn't care at all (probably until my license expires). Cisco asked me to call some number which no one answer (I have tried in US time zone). I have no idea if there is any other chance to proceed with upgrade and somehow download installation files from official source and so on.

I really hope that someone of you will tell me what I should do. I just got information that support for this Prime license will expire in June...

1 Reply 1

Lachezar Kemerov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not an expert on the Upgrade part, but what exactly is the issue you have with the licenses?

Do you just need help locating the PAK / Order for those licenses? I see it's in red, but you still have about 30 Tokens - different managed devices use different number of Tokens. I believe APs are 1 Token each.

If you need the PAK/Order info, go to the tab in Prime where the different installed license files are shown and copy the License ID of the file. It should start with the year/month/day the license was issued plus some random digits. For example if it were issued today, it would be 20220530xxxxxxxx.

Grab that and open up a case with Licensing and give them that ID. They should be able to tell you the PAK/SO.