cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Software Manager (CSM) 4 - Docker - When logging in, get status 500 internal server error

thecrev
Level 1
Level 1

A few days ago, I installed CSM 4.2.6 on a new docker node running Ubuntu 20.04

Everything was running fine, and I did some configuration, added hosts, etc. I haven't touched it in almost 3 days. Now the login screen appears, but when I submit the login credentials I just get an 'Internal Server Error' in the browser. The resulting url is /authenticate/login/?next=%2F. There are no other dev console logs other than the 500.

I know almost nothing about docker. I verified that all of the containers were running with docker ps -a. All four of them have a status of 'Up 2 days'. Wasn't sure if the database container just needs stopped and started?? Even if that's the case, I'm not sure why there would be trouble this soon after install.

Any ideas on how to resolve and prevent this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thecrev
Level 1
Level 1

RESOLVED: lol apparently I know almost nothing about Ubuntu either. Ran out of disk space.

Even though the virtual hard drive has plenty of space, when the logical volume gets created, it is very small by default. I must have missed a detail during the install process.

Reference: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1106795/ubuntu-server-18-04-lvm-out-of-space-with-improper-default-partitioning

If you're completely out of free space, it might be easiest to clean the apt cache:

$ sudo rm -rf /var/cache/apt/*

Then:

$ sudo lvm

lvm> lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev/your-volume-group-name/your-logical-volume-name (default is /dev/ubuntu-vg/ubuntu-lv)

lvm> exit

$ sudo resize2fs /dev/ubuntu-vg/ubuntu-lv

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

thecrev
Level 1
Level 1

RESOLVED: lol apparently I know almost nothing about Ubuntu either. Ran out of disk space.

Even though the virtual hard drive has plenty of space, when the logical volume gets created, it is very small by default. I must have missed a detail during the install process.

Reference: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1106795/ubuntu-server-18-04-lvm-out-of-space-with-improper-default-partitioning

If you're completely out of free space, it might be easiest to clean the apt cache:

$ sudo rm -rf /var/cache/apt/*

Then:

$ sudo lvm

lvm> lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev/your-volume-group-name/your-logical-volume-name (default is /dev/ubuntu-vg/ubuntu-lv)

lvm> exit

$ sudo resize2fs /dev/ubuntu-vg/ubuntu-lv