cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection has timed out. Please verify internet connectivity.

Gngrsnp
Level 1
Level 1

I work from home and the company I work for uses Cisco anyconnect to connect to the VPN. I haven't had any issues connecting for the past 4 years and all of a sudden for the past week I am getting the error "connection has timed out. Please verify internet connectivity. I have spoken to our help desk and they do not know the issue. I have replaced my thin client twice. I replaced my router and switch and ethernet cables. I'm not sure what else to do. Any advice?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The first thing you need to check is whether the internet working at home, other than VPN.

Then check the remote access FQDN - are you able to resolve or ping that IP.

before you do anything else. Do you have a Mobile, convert the mobile as a hot spot connect the laptop to Mobile network Data and test it. or take the laptop to Starbucks or any coffee shop and test it, is that works?

Do you have 2 factor authentication - nowadays most people use MS authenticator.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes everything has internet connection and I get a valid ip address on my thin client. There's not much I can do on my end since I don't have admin access and I don't get access to windows until I cannot to VPN and virtual environment so not sure I can connect wirelessly. I basically need to know what help desk should check since they are not sure what to do 

if you able to ping corporate FQDN - the one you connecting using any connect.

you can also try from browser https://fqdn.yourcomany.com ( see you able to browse)

then your help desk or security admin needs to check the Logs on the remote access server and understand why it failing.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

can you check license expired 

Hamztir
Level 1
Level 1

Change the MTU  size (Maximum Transmission Unit). My ISP provider changed something or incurred heavier traffic (Starlink), subsequently after a lot of testing etc our IT department suggested amending the MTU size. The default MTU size of 1500 gave issues (as per your error) and by changing the MTU size from 1500 to 1200 was instant success. Below link show you how to change the MTU size to1200.

https://becomethesolution.com/how-to-change-and-check-windows-mtu-size

Regards

Hamztir