cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSSM On-prem deployment

avaxds
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently conduct the study on the CSSM On-Prem, and i have some question which i am not able to find the answers through the documentation.

1. Its there any HA solution can be applied on CSSM On-Prem? I want to ensure the CSSM On-Prem can always on to did the licensing Management. is it possible to deploy 2 CSSM On-Prem and they are using the same Smart Account?

2. Since some devices are installed a external firewall between the devices and the SSM On-Prem server, is there any methods to conduct the conversation between devices and On-Prem server?

3. It is noticed that the IOS 17.3.2 and after are using the Smart License using policy, is it possible to not deploy the CSLU and continues to using the same methods to do the reporting?

Thank you very much!! 

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1 - I do not think any HA solution is available, it's just a License Server to validate, it's not critical as per I know.

2. If the FW between you needs to allow access those devices need to connect on-prem CSSM to validate or get new Licenses.

3. when you are using On-Prem you do not need CSLU, CSLU you need where there is the isolation of devices or a closed environment.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help