cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference in Available/Recommended Software

robo764
Level 1
Level 1
I just have a quick question that I wasn't able to find an easy answer for. When I browse the software available for download for our C9410R, I have 6 options: 1 "Software on Chassis" and then 5 options for different Supervisor Engines. For each of those Supervisor Engines (including the Catalyst 9400X Supervisor Engine-2XL that we have), the latest, recommended release is Dublin-17.12.3 ED. But the one from "Software on Chassis" has the latest, recommended at Cupertino-17.9.5 MD. From what I understand, we should be able to run 17.12.3 just as easily as 17.9.5. I understand that one is ED as opposed to MD, but I don't understand why 17.12.3 is not listed under the "Software on Chassis" software page, if it's available and recommended for all Supervisor Engine options.  At first, I thought that the "Software on Chassis" might just have the latest recommendation that would work, regardless of SUP, but since all of the SUPs support Dublin, that doesn't track. So I'm back to not understanding.  
0 Replies 0