cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does HSEC-K9 license have a encrypted bandwidth limit?

Wooyoung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm new to CISCO,

here my question, my boss asked me if we purchase the HSEC-K9 license... what is the maximum encrypted bandwidth (HSEC-K9)? ////Does it depends on the device specs right?

our device; ISR4431 with SECK9 license... where theSECK9 limit is less or equal to 85Mb...

urgent, I need it by 15 April 2021, 12 p.m. GMT+8 MAL.... help me, thankssss

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Q. Is a High Security (HSEC) license offered on the Cisco 4000 Series to achieve greater cryptographic tunnel count and throughput?
A. Yes, an HSEC license is required to achieve more than 1000 cryptographic tunnel count and 250 Mbps of total IP Security (IPsec) throughput in each direction.
Q. What is an HSEC license?
A. An add-on license above the Security (SEC) technology package license, known as HSEC, provides export controls for strong levels of encryption. HSEC is available to customers in all currently nonembargoed countries as listed by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Without an HSEC license, SEC performance is limited to 1000 tunnels and a total of 250 Mbps of IPsec throughput in each direction. An HSEC license removes this limitation. Because of these export control requirements, the HSEC license requires installation of a license key file to activate. In other words, HSEC is not an RTU license.

image.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Q. Is a High Security (HSEC) license offered on the Cisco 4000 Series to achieve greater cryptographic tunnel count and throughput?
A. Yes, an HSEC license is required to achieve more than 1000 cryptographic tunnel count and 250 Mbps of total IP Security (IPsec) throughput in each direction.
Q. What is an HSEC license?
A. An add-on license above the Security (SEC) technology package license, known as HSEC, provides export controls for strong levels of encryption. HSEC is available to customers in all currently nonembargoed countries as listed by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Without an HSEC license, SEC performance is limited to 1000 tunnels and a total of 250 Mbps of IPsec throughput in each direction. An HSEC license removes this limitation. Because of these export control requirements, the HSEC license requires installation of a license key file to activate. In other words, HSEC is not an RTU license.

image.png

BB

Okay... first, a lot of thanks because of the reply to my question... So the conclusion, We can reach the max;5++Mb, if we purchase the HSEC-k9.. right?

sorry, if I'm asking for too much... just need confirmation to show to my boss.

btw, thanks again...

The information clearly shows and confirms by Cisco documents, Hope your boss belive what he sees.

BB

Wooyoung
Level 1
Level 1

sorry for late reply, thanksss brother