cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FPR1010 for Home Firewall - Smart Account needed? License needed?

mikes_philly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I purchased an FPR1010 to replace my current ASA5505 that I use for my home network firewall.  I upgraded to the FPR1010 since it has gigabit ports.... I don't need anything beyond the ASA functionality, so I'll be running my FPR1010 with the ASA software.

1)  Do I need to create a cisco 'Smart Account' to activate a basic license for this unit??

(I don't plan on doing anything special with this besides standard firewall functionality)

2)  I work for a tech company for my main job, so I was able to create myself a cisco account using my company email, but I don't think I should create a 'Smart Account' that uses my company as my account 'domain'...   Can I make a custom domain name instead?

3) Will I get the full throughput of this device in ASA mode just as a firewall?  or do I need to buy some license feature to have the gigabit throughput on the ports?

Thanks so much,

- Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

everything now smart license, you need to create a CCO account and get a smart license to add to FP to work from normal as Firewall or advanced features (based on the requirement and license).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

everything now smart license, you need to create a CCO account and get a smart license to add to FP to work from normal as Firewall or advanced features (based on the requirement and license).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ok,

thanks for the info, I figured I would have to take this route...

I'll call into Cisco and ask them to help me get a custom account 'domain' created that doesn't actually use my companies account domain, since this is for home use not for my work.. and I'm definitely NOT the domain owner for my company (nor do I want to be)   :)