cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to check if a ASR 1001-X has legal licensed features?

JuergenW
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I like to buy a Cisco ASR 1001-X on eBay with 20G throughput, AES, Firewall and IPSec. As far as I know all licenses on the ASR 1001-X platform are honor-based. So how can I make sure (check) that the seller has licensed the features and not just has activated them without licensing? In the past there were PAK certificates I requested from the sellers. But how can I check this with the new RTU licenses?

Thanks!

Juergen

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I personally i do not recommend to  buy from ebay, since iam sure cisco do not support some kit bought from ebay.

rather i buy from cisco partner ?  not sure how large price difference between Partner and Ebay ?

Here is the License check  for reference.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr1000/install/guide/1001HX_1002HX/b_ASR1001HX-1002HX_HIG/b_ASR1001HX-1002HX_HIG_chapter_0110.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The price difference is huge. You get about 80-90% discount when you buy used stuff on eBay instead of buying a new one from Cisco...

Agreed as long as business can take risk, and no support you get from cisco if you do not have smartnet contract.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Do not need Smartnet on this router. But my question regarding the license is still open...

Thanks!