Views
Helpful
Replies

I tried to recover Access-Point ROMMON, But not working tftp32

Faizi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello dear

I have tried to recover AP ROMMON using this method, but unfortunately, it did not work. I would appreciate your guidance and assistance.

Note: I used tftp32 unfortunately the same problem

17 Replies 17

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Where's the remainder of the command:  tar -xtract tftp://10.0.0.10/filename.tar flash:

Hi

When I install this IOS file: (ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JBB5) works but does not work without JBB like those (ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JPO),  (ap3g2-k9w8-tar.153-3.JPQ) when installed it after GUI no work.

What's the issue?

@Faizi wrote:
but does not work

I cannot read minds.  Please explain by the meaning "does not work".  

If there are error message(s), it would be of help what these error messages are.

When I install the firmware via the command line, it is successful. However, when I attempt to use the GUI, unfortunately, the page does not open for me.

Certainly, as I mentioned earlier, it only functions in JBB, which is an older version. In the newer versions, as I noted in the previous message, the GUI does not work.

@Faizi wrote:
ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JBB5

Do you see the "w7" I've highlighted?  This means autonomous IOS.  GUI will work if the IOS is autonomous.

@Faizi wrote:
ap3g2-k9w8-tar.153-3.JPQ

"w8" means CAPWAP image.  GUI will defintely NOT work.

Sir, I understood, but this IOS also did not work I shared the screenshot, That is the update version

Capture.JPG

On the AP, post the complete output to the following commands: 

dir
sh version

01.JPG02.JPG03.JPG

Post the same two outputs after upgrading to autonomous JPO or JPQ.

01.JPG

Ok, so is the GUI working?

Is not working the GUI.

@Faizi wrote:
Is not working the GUI.

Like I said before, I cannot read minds. 

Explain what you mean "is not working GUI".  Where?  What is the error message.  

Sir 

First, assign the IP address using the CLI. After that, when I enter the IP in the URL or attempt to open it in a web browser, I encounter an error message (page is unreachable). This suggests that it's not working with the newer version but works with the older version.