Views
Helpful
Replies

Link Flap Error on Cisco SX-550X

shaf10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Really urgent and I'm having an issue on link-flap on Cisco SX-550X switch. Your help was much appreciated.

Below was the scenario:

The scenario :

Two of the uplink cable from one server to be connected into stacking switch (one cable from server connect to interface on SW1 and another one cable from server connect to interface on SW2).

There was no port-channel used on both of the interface of switch to the server. Both of the port was individual port connected to the same server.

One port on SW1 was able to UP and connected to the server successfully. But, the port on SW2 that connected to the same server was having the issue as attached.

I’ve replaced with new cable from the switch to the server and test on another port on the switch but the issue is still persists.

I've refer to this link flap prevention as below but the issue still persists.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350-series-managed-switches/smb5783-configure-the-link-flap-prevention-settings-on-a-switch-thro.html

What was the workaround recommended to solve this issue ?

And I've seen on Cisco Community (as attached picture) regarding this link flap issue to upgrade the switch firmware. I'm unable to use one of the interface connected to the switch on combo port as the combo port has already been used. Does this recommendation to upgrade the switch firmware version 2.5.7.85 was valid or can be used ?

Does the upgrade of the firmware version would solve the issue ? 

Currently, both of my switch was running version : 2.4.0.91

Thank you very much.

0 Replies 0