Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.9 Installation

pjdouglas42
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm looking to upgrade our cisco secondary appliance to  PI v3.9.

An in-line upgrade is not possible as it is currently on Version 3.4 and there is no in-line upgrade from this version.

I've already upgraded our Primary to 3.7 from 3.4 and now have to do a clean install of our secondary to 3.9.

My question is am I right in thinking you can run the ISO install directly from the HD of the appliance and is this the correct command to start the install? or is this just verifying the hash ?

openssl dgst -sha512 -verify CiscoPI3.9.pem -signature PI-APL-3.9.0.0.219-1-K9.iso.signature PI-APL-3.9.0.0.219-1-K9.iso

Any other tips for running the install would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I'm looking to upgrade our cisco secondary appliance to  PI v3.9.

This is not going to work since once break the HA all the config on the secondary Gone, So you can use that box for testing inline upgrade and restore the backup. But you need to Upgrade Primary is the right approach.

My sucess steps as below :

1. take the config backup

1.1 break the cluster HA

2. take appliance backup / application backup from Primary ( also License backup)   - out of the box, not local repo.

3. Upgrade Inline to Prime 3.4 to 3.7 ( backup config) - means appliance and applicatiopn backup out of the box.

Now you are here :

4. Fresh install 3.9 ISO and  restore backup.(3.7) only on Primary.

Note : each step take some time several hours, this took me 4 days full upgrade to 3.9 PI

3.10 releasing soon or may be already there, not checked.

5. do fresh installation PI 3.9 on Secondary and join the cluster.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help