cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My networking why does not work?

bz35
Level 1
Level 1

I create basic network diagram however sometimes working sometimes  does not get  respond from it. I can not understand, it is not stabile especially  while ping other network devicesbz.png

for example , I try to reach out from  "DHCP" server to  any which is right network device not working but  I make a sure 2 days ago was working. Probably I can not proper desing style when I design so What should I do for it working.

8 Replies 8

@bz35 remove ip configured (192.168.2.1) on vlan 1 in switch0. that conflicts with gateway. then restart the packet tracer file. (to clear cache and other services). 

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

hmmm I checked out the switch0 and already have not assign an IP. (192.168.2.1) gateway and router IP address
problem should be  which is full cache. Can you visualize for me or rebuilt my source file. however this file runs my friend's PC I do not reason.

@bz35 check attached pic

Screenshot 2023-05-05 205453.jpg

remove this IP and save the project. then close and reopen it. Since your L2 switch cannot do routing, you cannot configure any gateway pointed to L2 devices.

Good luck
KB

Can you check this file still ? There is an meanless issue (I think ) probably technically an issue 

@bz35 i still see 192.168.2.1 configured on your switch 0. can you make sure it is removed.

Good luck
KB

Martin L
VIP
VIP

As mentioned above you have duplicate IP 192.168.2.1 on Sw0 interface Vlan1 and router R0 Gig0/0.  In other words command ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0 is configured twice on the same local network.

Since Sw0 is L2 switch only (not L3 device), he cannot be a default gateway for any local devices. His IP is for management and administration purpose and it should be in range of 192.168.2.x/24.  This is in order to access switch remotely to manage and configure it.  Router is proper default gateway for PCs.   Once you change Switch0 IP to something else, pings will work.

Note: Right now routing is done via static routes, which is OK.  However,  You also have RIP configured but no RIP routes; instead you added static routes. RIP is obsolete protocol; for purpose of studying you could use it but it must be version 2 and no auto-summary added.  Try using RIP 2 only without any static routes for purpose of learning.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

I fixed you said things vlan "down" no gateway ip  but no change

no sure what you did but go to switch0 and under interface vlan1 add ip address 192.168.2.252 255.255.255.0 

it worked for me using your file

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **