Helpful
Replies

NDO only deployment on Nexus Dashboard

NetDevOps
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are going to deploy NDO only deployment for Multi-site so,

Could you help me with the below points regarding ACI, Nexus Dashboard, and NDO?

1. For Data interfaces what configuration is required?

2. We are using the same node id of the leaf and spine switches for both site fabrics. So, will it cause any issues, If we will configure it through NDO?

3. If I build the ND cluster at site A then how do I connect this cluster to site B?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John Cui
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the question.

A: For NDO only deployment of Nexus Dashboard, you need Layer 3 adjacent data interfaces.

For more details, you can refer Service-Specific Network Requirements on Deployment Guide

2. We are using the same node id of the leaf and spine switches for both site fabrics. So, will it cause any issues, If we will configure it through NDO?

A: In multi-site the node ids are specific to the site so they don't need to be different, this is where the SiteID is used.

3. If I build the ND cluster at site A then how do I connect this cluster to site B?

A: For NDO deployment, you can refer Connecting via Layer 3 Network, Nexus Dashboard Orchestrator on Deployment Guide for details. 

And we recommend for distribution deployment of ND cluster for NDO usage. 

More info on our CiscoLive 

Hope this helps.

If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco Nexus Dashboard through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out this ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center-and-cloud-knowledge/cisco-aci-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394491] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.

Thanks,

John

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

John Cui
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the question.

A: For NDO only deployment of Nexus Dashboard, you need Layer 3 adjacent data interfaces.

For more details, you can refer Service-Specific Network Requirements on Deployment Guide

A: In multi-site the node ids are specific to the site so they don't need to be different, this is where the SiteID is used.

3. If I build the ND cluster at site A then how do I connect this cluster to site B?

A: For NDO deployment, you can refer Connecting via Layer 3 Network, Nexus Dashboard Orchestrator on Deployment Guide for details. 

And we recommend for distribution deployment of ND cluster for NDO usage. 

More info on our CiscoLive 

Hope this helps.

If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco Nexus Dashboard through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out this ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center-and-cloud-knowledge/cisco-aci-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394491] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.

Thanks,

John

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have one question regarding L3Out.

Do you know if I can connect AWS direct connect on Border leaf? Because AWS Direct Connect requires BGP configuration.