Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer - Create a Simple Network **help** macOS 'stuck'

MickeyT9
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I apologise if this is not the forum for my question... but I am trying to complete the Packet Tracer course, but I am unable to get past this section.

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 18.44.23.png

I have to enter the IP addresses etc into these fields, but I cannot work out 'how' to do that... when I double click in these fields I see 'blank' written there in white... but I can't enter any information. I know what IP addresses to put in there... but I can't enter the information.

I've been trying to get to the next stage of this exercise for weeks... but I'm about to give up.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or, what I'm not seeing here?... I can't work out a way to write in these boxes...

When I check my assessment:

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 19.00.56.png

I'm on macOS Catalina on a MacBook Pro, with Packet Tracer 8.1.1.0022

15 Replies 15

MickeyT9,

In a Packet Tracer Activity (PKA file), the "Back" and "Next" buttons control the instruction pages in the pane above them. Notice the box between these two buttons displays "1/1". These means that there is only one page, so you can't go "Back" or "Next".

You should be able to save & exit the completed packet tracer. Note: I like to add "(100%)" to the end of the completed file name. Also, I keep the original file to use for practice later.

The course is accessed by logging in and navigating the associated LMS (Canvas). The Packet Tracer Activities (PKA) are completed separately, but don't actually get submitted. You complete the reading, videos, and quizzes. You will not be able to progress to the next module until the current module (exam) is completed.

Please provide the following
Netacad, Skills Builder, other?
What is the title of the course?
example - Introduction to Packet Tracer v7

When you say "networking is NOT for you"....Remember - "Networking is for you, if you want it to be".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to mark helpful posts and mark the correct answer as a solution; It helps other users with similar questions.