cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer User Login is Blank page

Anon4
Level 1
Level 1
I'm a computer science student and I need packet tracer for this subject I am taking but the packet tracer user login won't show up, it's just a blank page no matter how much I wait. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it many times but it still won't fix the problem. I've been using the guest login but it said I have used 3 of my saves even if I re-logged in and uninstalled it. I really need this to pass pls can anyone help? :(
26 Replies 26

Have you tried connecting from a direct Internet connection, and not through a VPN? I found that I only experienced this issue on my company's VPN, but not on the Internet.

Try again to run the Cisco Packet Tracer as run as administrator and do login. It is working for me right now but don't know about future. Hope it helps.

Seems like a  firewall issue, not related to Java or OS, I logged off my VPN for a minute, the login screen was showing fine, the minute I logged back to VPN, I was getting the same screen

dea123456789
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I am a computer science student and I need to do this project in Packet Tracer  but this black page  appears when I open the application. I have installed windows desktop version 7.3.1 (32 bit). I’ve installed and uninstalled many times but it’s still the same. Can somebody help me please? Thanks! (Sorry for my english)

9FCD4ED6-67A7-4156-A950-250E257ED807.jpeg

J3T0NYX
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just solved the same issue by positionning the mouse in the middle of my screen.

The cursor changed for a text type.

Clic once in the filed

type your email

valide with return

place the mouse again in the middle of the screen

when the cursor text appears clic once

type your account password and valid with enter

problem solved

bye

XD

EDIT 06/03/2021

The best option -> DOWNLOAD  packet tracer version 7.2.2  link below for win 64 bits

https://www.netacad.com/portal/resources/file/de409dc7-0866-4395-810c-aea651634037

To remove password check you can also add a blocking rule in the windows firwall (check #ciscoremovepassword on youtube)

I had this issue when working across a RAS, in this instance, the proxy server was disabled, if I enabled the proxy server that is normally on when in the office the log-in page appears correctly.

balajirv
Level 1
Level 1

Two ways to Over come this problem!

1) Completely remove internet connection from your Personal system, or turn on the Air-plane mode in our laptop and start your Cisco Tracer Packet software it will not ask the login instead it will allow the user to use the application.

The main factor is that you don't allow the Cisco packet tracer to access internet and ask for the login.[N B : I think the software developers had given access for a plain computer i'e computer machine not connected to web wide web]

2) Block the internet access to the Cisco Packet Tracer .. 

Even though you are connected to internet the cisco packet tracer software thinks it has no internet connection and we will grant access to the user.

For windows I can help to follow the procedure to block the internet access.

1) Click the start button.

2)Search for the "Security" keyword.

3)Click on "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security".

4)Click on "Inbound Rules"

5)Again right click on Inbound Rules a mini tab appears and click on "New Rules".

6)New Inbound Rule wizard will appear in that select "program" and click on the Next button.

7)In "This program path" browse the Cisco packet tracer file in your computer, open the bin folder and finally click on the packet tracer application and then click next 

click Next for two times.

9)Finally give an name and click finish.

done. Hope it helps and thank you!

In solution number 2, you have to click on the "outbound rule" and then create a new rule there

not working for me. What to do.

patelyatin1993
Level 1
Level 1

I have window 10 64 bit and I tried to install PacketTracer-7.2.2-win64-setup but it was showing blank screen for login so I tried CiscoPacketTracer_810_Windows_32bit and problem is resolved. Believe me, I tried so many way to resolve it but none of them worked except this.

It worked on your case because you have a Windows 10 Operating System. I think this only works for people who have the same computer as yours or older than Windows 10 but not lower than Windows 8. On my case, I have the same issue but I'm still using Windows 7. I hope someone solved the issue with Windows 7 Operating System.

arun54321
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I installed it on Linux. (Fedora 36 workstation) but I got stuck on a white login screen. any fix?

edit: I fixed it by running this qt app on x11. It looks like it won't work on Wayland.