cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending basic PDU in Packet Tracer continues indefinitely?

Student68000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, sending a basic PDU in Packet Tracer just continues indefinitely - why is this? I've created a video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7rH6x_Z6E4I&feature=emb_logo

If I just leave it it will continue forever.
As you can tell i'm just a beginner student but I'd like to know why? My rather useless teacher can't advice me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tony Deng
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The pink and red envelopes are Spanning Tree and DTP packets that originate from the switch. The switch runs these protocols and will periodically send such packets out and thats what you are seeing. The brown packet is the original basic PDU you created and it went from one end to the other end, and a response was made and that was the end of it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Student68000
Level 1
Level 1

I'm going to bump this and if it's a stupid question maybe someone could tell me why?

Thanks

Tony Deng
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The pink and red envelopes are Spanning Tree and DTP packets that originate from the switch. The switch runs these protocols and will periodically send such packets out and thats what you are seeing. The brown packet is the original basic PDU you created and it went from one end to the other end, and a response was made and that was the end of it.

Student68000
Level 1
Level 1

You Sir deserve a medal. Such a simple question yet so hard to get an answer. Thank you so much. Have a great day.