cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Licensing Certificate - Expressway Issue (January 2023)

MARTIN STREULE
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you have issues with Expressways (connecting to site https://smartreceiver.cisco.com/licservice/license ), you are not alone and Cisco is already working on it.

Please open SRs anyway to raise awareness.

Apparently there was a Certification change on the 14th.

Impact:

New Expressway Series deployment / existing deployment where you need to register Expressway to Smart Licensing: NOT POSSIBLE to register to Smart Licensing

Existing Expressway Series already registered to Smart Licensing: a tremendous amount of error logs entries SmartAgentNotifyAuthRenewFailure and SmartAgentNotifyCommFailure

21 Replies 21

The bug note has been updated,  release X14.2.5 seems to get the fix but is not yet on the software download page.

Exwy with X14.2.7 - issue still present. New case opened.

darren.rogers
Level 1
Level 1

has anyone loaded / installed 14.2.5 yet, my team plans to load on production  expressways next week .... fingers crossed 

I've installed it on two different environments. One thing I have noticed is MRA just flat out doesn't work after the initial install. I have to perform another restart on the C and E before it began working. It's completely stable after that though. I've seen that on all X14.2 upgrades I've performed though, not just X14.2.5. Direct connection smart licensing worked on both environments without issue post upgrade. 

Something TAC told me prior to the release, and I verified as well via one of the environments, is MRA continued to function after the evaluation period ended. Phones registered with CUCM via MRA without an issue since MRA doesn't need any licenses to work.

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Hello,

14.2.5 and 14.0.11 have the fix for this bug / issue. 

Eric Tucker
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have 3 clusters on 14.2.6 and have no issues with my many MRA users or and smart licensing.