Views
Helpful
Replies

SSM On-Prem 9 not installing

drehstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I'm trying to install the new SSM On-Prem 9 based on Alma-Linux to get rid of the last Cent-OS we're using. I configured a virtual machine based on the provided installation instructions as far as this was possible (@Cisco: Selecting "Other 5.x or later Linux (64 bit)" doesn't allow you to use UEFI!). After deactivating secure boot I finally managed to get to the boot screen. But any option I choose, the VM just reboots and installation doesn't start. Does anyone have the same problem an maybe can give me some pointers?

Regards
Stephan

18 Replies 18

drehstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Had a webex-session with TAC. They couldn't help me at once but we got closer to the solution. Problem may be the cpu vendor. We're using AMD only and this seems to be the problem. There will be a new version of the SSM-OnPrem AlmaLinux soon which hopefully runs on AMD-systems too.

BrianBR
Level 1
Level 1

Well that's good news I guess. Which explains a bit, we have intel in our servers.

TPaine
Level 1
Level 1

They apparently released a new ISO yesterday (9-202407, md5 ending 994C), but I'm still seeing immediate kernel panics at boot, again AMD.  Anyone else?

Tried it also, still not working.

TAC admits they have a serious problem with AMD-support and are working on it...