Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

switch 2960x

dears i have issue with my 2960x switch i upgrade it and the licence has been lost 

Switch#sho license
Index 1 Feature: lanlite
Period left: 0 minute 0 second
Index 2 Feature: lanbase

with error shown every 5 min

%ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: This Switch may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's authorization. This product may contain software that was copied in violation of Cisco's license terms. If your use of this product is the cause of a support issue, Cisco may deny operation of the product, support under your warranty or under a Cisco technical support program such as Smartnet. Please contact Cisco's Technical Assistance Center for more information.

i try to reboot it ,upgrade ,downgrade and hard reset but still the same

Any though 

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From what version you have upgraded?  this could be bug also, please contact TAC for mitigation and fix.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

every version with 15.2, and i will

Dear Now i solve the licence issue with Cisco TAC but still getting same error

Switch#sh license
Index 1 Feature: lanlite
Index 2 Feature: lanbase
Period left: Life time
License Type: Permanent
License State: Active, In Use
License Priority: Medium
License Count: Non-Counted

%ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: This Switch may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's authorization. This product may contain software that was copied in violation of Cisco's license terms. If your use of this product is the cause of a support issue, Cisco may deny operation of the product, support under your warranty or under a Cisco technical support program such as Smartnet. Please contact Cisco's Technical Assistance Center for more information.
Switch#
Switch#
Switch#

Personally as long as the device brought from right cisco Partner, (not from Ebay)

you able to get smartnet contract and cisco support  i will ignore the message and move.

if this is not impacting production environment.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help