Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to update AIR-AP 1852i-e-k9

ben_si
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

I just began to work with Cisco Access Points and my task is to upgrade an AIR-AP 1852i-e-k9 to the version 8.8.125 (now he has something like 8.2.125) and sadly i cant do that automatically in the controller. The AP gets discovered by the controller but i cant update him. I then thought that this might be because the controller software is much higher than the old software from the AP so maybe if I go in small steps i could get it working. But to do that I had to do it manually which i tried. I uploaded the newer software version with tftp to the AP which worked but i did not now how to go further with that. I hoped that i just had to restart the AP and everything ist fine but that sadly didn't worked. I know my description doesn't contain a lot of details but i can give whatever is needed if you tell me how i can get to the informations i need to give. 

Since im a newbie with Cisco AP's i would be very happy if someone could help me with that.

Thanks in Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you can do manually, i suggested automated process..so you manual intervention required

if you do not have spare controller, you need to manually 1 upgrade to 8.5 and join the new controller has 8.8 and test before you doing rest 49.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

have you looked the upgrade path :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn88mr2.html

8.2 you need to do 8.5 and then 8.8.XX

what my suggestion here is, do you have many AP to upgrade?

then you can have another test controller with 8.5 upgrades 8.2 AP to 8.5 controllers, then move to 8.8.x controller, recently done some lab works a charm.

BB

Thanks for your reply!

I will test that today. I have about 50 to upgrade. 

Should i do that update form 8.2.x to 8.5.x with the controller or should i do that manually?

Thanks in Advance.

you can do manually, i suggested automated process..so you manual intervention required

if you do not have spare controller, you need to manually 1 upgrade to 8.5 and join the new controller has 8.8 and test before you doing rest 49.

BB

I downgraded my controller from 8.8.125 to 8.5.151. I need my AP in the ME Capable mode. I havent done something manual on the affected AP with the old version. I think it didnt even update it to 8.5.151 since it says when i try to Convert it to ME :"Mode conversion is not applicable for selected APs. 

Isnt it possible to go form 8.8.125 to 8.5.151 so then my AP gets the 8.5.151 update automatically ( i hope) and then i go back to 8.8.125. But it doesnt seem to work. When i would update the AP manually what do i have to do that it works from 8.2.x to 8.5.x

I have not tried downgrades - never had the chance or required to do that.

for now, at all your AP are down or how are they working?

BB

Thanks for your help. Its working now.