cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Prime Appliances

bhunt7
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm upgrading Prime Appliance from 3.5 to 3.7. I have Prime setup in an HA role. 

My question is do I have to break HA when doing the upgrade or can I fail the primary over to the secondary and complete the upgrade on the primary fail back to the primary test then upPrimegrade the secondary?

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I followed befow steps and it works for me :

Step 1 Take an application backup of the Prime Infrastructure version you are currently running, and store the backup in the remote repository.

Step 2 Verify the integrity of the backup

Step 3 Remove any existing High Availability configuration from your primary Prime Infrastructure server. You can do this using either of the following options:
Launch Prime Infrastructure, choose Administration > Settings > High Availability > HA Configuration, and click Remove. Ensure the configuration mode changes to "HA Not Configured."
Ensure the primary server is the active Prime Infrastructure server, go to the admin console on the primary server and run the ncs ha remove command.

DO THE FOLLOWING STEPS ON THE PRIMARY SERVER

Step 4 Download the upgrade bundle PI-Upgrade-x.x.x..tar.gz from Cisco.com and verify the integrity using its checksum listed on Cisco.com.
Step 5 Copy the verified upgrade file to the default repository:

Example:
admin# copy source
disk
:/defaultRepo
Where:
- source is the upgrade file's URL, path and filename (for example: FTP://<YourFTPServer>/(PI-Upgrade-x.x.x..tar.gz).
- diskis the disk and path to the local defaultRepo.

Step 6 It is recommended to run the application upgrade from the console. You can run the application upgrade from the KVM, VGA, or serial console. (If you are using the serial console, make sure baud rate is configured to 9600.

admin# application upgrade PI-Upgrade-x.x.x.tar.gz defaultRepo

This step can take several hours to complete, depending on the size of the application database.

REPEAT FROM STEP 4 ON THE SECONDARY SERVER

Once the upgrade is complete, perform the HA registration process again.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help