cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG410 - performed write erase, and now no longer shows voice-card 0/1

contemE
Level 1
Level 1

Brand new VG410 48FXS.  Performed a write erase then reload and now no longer shows:

redundancy
mode none
voice-port 0/1/0
!
!
voice-port 0/1/48

And it does not take any "voice" related commands.

I'd prefer to restore the factory image, but every time I do a "write erase", it boots up still like this.

It came with vg4x0-universalk9.17.12.01a.SPA.bin

Any suggestions please...thanks!

5 Replies 5

grecha861
Level 1
Level 1

@contemE wrote:

Brand new VG410 48FXS.  Performed a write erase then reload and now no longer shows:

redundancy
mode none
voice-port 0/1/0
!
!
voice-port 0/1/48

And it does not take any "voice" related commands.

I'd prefer to restore the factory image, but every time I do a "write erase", it boots up still like this.

It came with vg4x0-universalk9.17.12.01a.SPA.bin

Any suggestions please...thanks!

Hello, @contemE 

You’re encountering an issue with the Cisco VG410 Voice Gateway where the voice-related commands are not available after performing a write erase and reload. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:

Steps to Restore Voice Commands
Check the vDSP Container:
The VG410 uses a virtual DSP (vDSP) container for voice functionalities. After a write erase, the vDSP container might need to be reinstalled.
Use the following commands to check and reinstall the vDSP container:
show voice dsp group all
If the DSP state is not UP, reinstall the vDSP container:
voice vdsp install

Verify the vDSP Installation:
Ensure that the vDSP container is correctly installed and running:
show platform
The virtual DSP slot should be in the OK state.
Reload the Device:
After reinstalling the vDSP container, reload the device to apply the changes:
reload

Check for Configuration Errors:
Ensure there are no configuration errors that might be preventing the voice commands from appearing. You can use the following command to check for errors:
show running-config

Additional Resources
For more detailed instructions, you can refer to the Cisco VG410 Voice Gateway Software Configuration Guide see here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/vg410/software-configuration/vg410-/ADP Workforce/software-config-guide/configuring-vg410-software-dsp.html.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Best Regard,
Gregory Chavez

Good day Gregory and thank you for your reply.

Your first step to reinstall vdsp is where I am hung up. 

Use the following commands to check and reinstall the vDSP container:
  show voice dsp group all
  If the DSP state is not UP, reinstall the vDSP container:
  voice vdsp install

This VG410 does not recognize any "voice" related commands.  I feel I may be missing a license or some module to open this up.

Router#voice?

% Unrecognized command

Hi,

I am having the same issue where I did a write erase and now cannot re-install the vdsp as the router does not recognise the voice vdsp install command.

contemE
Level 1
Level 1

JamesHawkins....

I noticed the factory image after a write erase does not add your technology license.  You'll need to re-add "license boot level uck9".  Try that and let me know how far you get.  There was all that IOX/Event Manager stuff that got removed too after the write erase I noticed.

Good luck, let us know how far you get

JamesHawkins
Level 1
Level 1

contemE,

Adding the license boot command and restarting the gateway made the voice commands available and I was able to reinstall the software DSP container using the voice vdsp install command.

Thanks for responding and solving my problem