cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the command for 'redistribute connected' in nx-OS?

goyourmin
Level 1
Level 1

hello

I tried to use the 'redistribute connected' command. However, it did not exist in NX-OS 9.6.9.

Q1. I've seen an alternate command, but does this completely replace 'redistribute connected'?

Q2. Additionally, What is the difference between the 'set' and 'match' commands?

[example]

router xxx

redistribute direct route-map-naming permit 10
!
route-map-naming permit 10
 match interface ethernet 0/0

Best regards,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @goyourmin,

The 'match' command is used to specify the criteria for matching routes, while the 'set' command is used to define the actions to be taken on the matched routes.

In this case, the route-map-naming permit 10 configuration block specifies that the route map permits routes that match certain criteria. The 'match interface ethernet 0/0' command is used to match routes that are learned through the Ethernet interface 0/0.

Also, the [redistribute direct] command is used to redistribute directly connected routes into a routing protocol.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

this lab for match interface in NSK 
I use
redistribute direct route-map MHM 
under EIGRP 
route-map MHM permit 10
match interface e1/5
and you can see the EIGRP only advertise the prefix direct connect to this interface e1/5

Screenshot (785).pngScreenshot (786).pngScreenshot (787).png

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Use Redistrubte direct instead of redistrubte connected 

And about match and set' if you want to filter prefix you redistrubte use match if you want to change anythink in prefix use set' like change the metric 

this lab for match interface in NSK 
I use
redistribute direct route-map MHM 
under EIGRP 
route-map MHM permit 10
match interface e1/5
and you can see the EIGRP only advertise the prefix direct connect to this interface e1/5

Screenshot (785).pngScreenshot (786).pngScreenshot (787).png

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @goyourmin,

The 'match' command is used to specify the criteria for matching routes, while the 'set' command is used to define the actions to be taken on the matched routes.

In this case, the route-map-naming permit 10 configuration block specifies that the route map permits routes that match certain criteria. The 'match interface ethernet 0/0' command is used to match routes that are learned through the Ethernet interface 0/0.

Also, the [redistribute direct] command is used to redistribute directly connected routes into a routing protocol.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.