Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN issue between Core and Plant Switches

rangan76
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have attached the sample diagram here. I have 5 Cisco small business switches. The core switch (Port 28) is connected to the Plant switch with Fiber connection. Core is connected to the Firewall as Trunk port (1U, 20T, 30T). Port 26 on the Core is connected to Port to 26 on the Wifi Switch. Both ports are trunk ports. Port 1 on the Wifi is General port with this configuration (1U, 20T, 30T). Wireless AP is connected to Port 1 and WAP has 2 SSID Office (VLAN20) and Guest (VLAN 30). Both SSID are Tagged and working fine.

I configured the same way on the Plant Siwtch. Port 1 and 2 (1U, 20T,30T) but those AP can't get the DHCP from the Firewall?

Can someone suggest where I am wrong here.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
IP helper address

Thanks for the response.
The core switch is connected to the Firewall which provides the IP addresses for all VLANs (DHCP). The core switch is connected to the Wifi switch and APs connected to the this switch works fine.
I had the same Trunk config between Core and Plant switch. I don't know why it is not working. I don't configure the IP helper on the Wifi switch but it works.

Hello,

did you get this to work ? If not, post the full config of your AP.

Hi George,

We have Unifi APs which has 2 SSIDs (VLAN 20 and VLAN 30). Both SSID are tagged on AP.

There is no other settings on the AP. APs are getting DHCP address from Firewall.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks