cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XSI Authentication

ChhitizShrestha
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to make a postman Calls to get list of users and such, but am not able to authorize

1. Can someone point me towards Authorization URL which Can be used as POST call to get Token.
  2. How to use the Authorization token Once I receive the token for "com.broadsoft.xsi-actions"
  3. How to connect to "com.broadsoft.xsi-events" with the authorization token.

Along with that I also have a Brodsoft Account, from a vendor. But I am not able to make "https://<host:port>/com.broadsoft.xsi-actions/v2.0/user/<userid>/profile" or similir calls in the XSI system.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

the Broadcloud XSI API is accessible via apps.broadcloud.eu. You have to provide the login credentials which are used for logging into you communicator via Basic Auth in each api call.

The XSI for Webex Calling is not yet released in EMEA (or outside of the US) according to the PHD.

The Webex Calling XSI documentation uses token based authentication as it seems to be integrated into the Cisco One Identity stuff..

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Hi,

do you refer to Webex Calling or to BroadCloud products? In which region do you want to access the XSI?

I am referring to Broadcloud Calling....
I want XSI access in the European region. 

Hi,

the Broadcloud XSI API is accessible via apps.broadcloud.eu. You have to provide the login credentials which are used for logging into you communicator via Basic Auth in each api call.

The XSI for Webex Calling is not yet released in EMEA (or outside of the US) according to the PHD.

The Webex Calling XSI documentation uses token based authentication as it seems to be integrated into the Cisco One Identity stuff..

XSI-Broadcloud calling is not yet relased outside US.

Thanks For all the Reply,

I was able to authenticate by passing 
Host: broadsoftsandboxxsp.cisco.com
Authorization: Basic base64(username:password)

Where username includes "@broadsoftlab.com" 

what is the timeline for release in the EU.

AFAIK there is no official answer..

I've heard of "End of January", but only for call handling (ie. place calls, on hold, hand up, etc).

Provisioning/other stuff will not be avialable before Q2..

So nothing specific for all, unfortunately.. :/

Hi again,

just fyi: for Webex Calling, there is https://developer.cisco.com/docs/webex-calling/. The mail address there is now working as well ;)

You may request access to the XSI there. The support requests your Webex organization id and a short description of what you want to do with the XSI. They may then enable it for your organization. There is also a special call in Webex' organizations API which will tell you then the XSI endpoints for actions, events, etc.

I'm located in Germany, i.e. it's working here in EMEA.

Unfortunately, some API calls that were available for Broadsoft Calling (specially PUT requests) are not available (yet?).

BR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: