cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Get User with particular "mpProfileNumber"

rene.herbrich
Level 1
Level 1

I've played a bit with the WebEx XML API and everything works fine so far (simple get/set-requests).

Now I’d like to find out, which user uses a particular “mpProfileNumber”. The reason for this is, that we use WebEx in combination with MeetingPlace. Sometimes our users report login issues and that is caused by a “mpProfileNumber” which used by another account. (MeetingPlace uses the last 8 digits of the phone number as the Profilenumber. When the user logins into WebEx the authorization is handled by MeetingPlace and MeetingPlace passes the user details - including the Profilenumber and the user id - to WebEx.

The mentioned issues occur, if there is a new employee who gets a phone number which was used by someone else or if an employee changes the last name --> new user id. In both cases there is now a user account, which uses the same Profilenumber in MeetingPlace as the old user account has been using. During the login process WebEx gets the new user details, but denies the login because of the “mpProfileNumber”, which is used by the old WebEx account.)

As the WebEx user export file does not contain the field “mpProfileNumber”, it’s a bit difficult to find the user account which causes the issues. So my idea was to use the WebEx XML API. But the response of “lstsummaryUser” does not contain the “mpProfileNumber” and the “LstUser” request is deprecated.

I'd be really happy if someone would have a solution for this...

3 Replies 3

jaydem
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rene,

Unfortunately the only XML API which returns the MP Profile Number is GetUser.  This may not be of much use as you would have to pass in the WebEx ID of a user you want to retrieve.  There is no general query to return back all users along with their MP Profile Number.  It may be worth checking with WebEx Technical Support to see if there is a way to populate the "ProfileNumber" column in the exported user CSV file.  Since there is a column there, it seems like there should be a way to populate that.  It could be that an additional option needs to be enabled to expose that value.

Regards,

Jayde

Ok thank you, I'll try that. Any chances that the SetUser request gets modified, so that it returns an exception including the Information who uses the Profile Number? As of now it only sais 'Profile number is already beeing used' (or something like this).

I can definitely submit a feature request to see if adding that error message is possible.  However, please note that submitting a feature request does not guarantee the addition of the feature itself.

Regards,

Jayde

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: