Views
Helpful
Replies

URL API Join Event (m.php?AT=JE)

michaelbenoit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've been using the URL API for Join Event successfully for a couple of years now. During a rather popular event today, the API for AT=JE was kicking back FirstNameNeeded and AttendeeEmailNeeded errors, despite the fact that the code is including the Enrollment ID. Further, once I cobbled together a quick response, I know of one attendee that was given another error, and I strongly suspect it's because his email address didn't match the one from the registration.

Have any changes to the URL API occurred that could have caused this behavior to change? As no passwords are being passed, I don't believe this would be affected by any of the recent API changes for security.

Thanks for any insight you can share.

Michael Benoit

1 Reply 1

michaelbenoit
Level 1
Level 1

This was for WebEx Event Center, the API version 9.

It appears that this was user error on my side, with a meeting organizer turning off the Require Registration ID setting. When this setting is in place for a meeting, it appears that the URL API requires first name, last name and email address to be passed in (and it isn't happy with just the RegID). When Require Registration ID is turned on, then the URL API just needs that RegID value.