cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx SSO with ADFS 2.0 - External Connection fails

CHRIS KALETH
Level 5
Level 5

We have successfully configured SSO with WebEx and our ADFS 2.0 environment but it only works when we are in the office or connected to VPN.  When I click "host login" outside of our network I get the following error: Error: Reason:  Invalid SAML Assertion (13).  Thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kinglewi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The following support knowledge base article will have more information on this issue.  http://kb.webex.com/WBX54373.

The error indicates they have you may have the incorrect AuthnContextClassRef, which can be different if going through a proxy or if the account is external. To work around this problem WebEx will allow you to set multiple AuthnContextClassRefs on the WebEx site admin page that are separated by a semicolon It would look something like this

urn:federation:authentication:windows;urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:Password

if you do not know what the value is for external users, I would try the above suggestion first. 

You can also try the following AuthnContextClassRef values:

urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:PasswordProtectedTransport

urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:Kerberos

If it still fails then we will need to see the assertion for one of the outside connection which is failing with the error 13.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kinglewi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The following support knowledge base article will have more information on this issue.  http://kb.webex.com/WBX54373.

The error indicates they have you may have the incorrect AuthnContextClassRef, which can be different if going through a proxy or if the account is external. To work around this problem WebEx will allow you to set multiple AuthnContextClassRefs on the WebEx site admin page that are separated by a semicolon It would look something like this

urn:federation:authentication:windows;urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:Password

if you do not know what the value is for external users, I would try the above suggestion first. 

You can also try the following AuthnContextClassRef values:

urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:PasswordProtectedTransport

urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:Kerberos

If it still fails then we will need to see the assertion for one of the outside connection which is failing with the error 13.

Perfect!  That did the trick.

Previous Config:  urn:federation:authentication:windows

New Config: urn:federation:authentication:windows;urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:PasswordProtectedTransport