cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

webex XML API createMeeting problem - Faield to forward request response

azrul
Level 1
Level 1

I have problem when try to create webex meeting using webex XML API. Got this response:

<serv:message xmlns:serv="http://www.webex.com/schemas/2002/06/service" xmlns:com="http://www.webex.com/schemas/2002/06/common">

<serv:header>

<serv:response>

<serv:result>FAILURE</serv:result>

<serv:reason>Fail to forward request:null</serv:reason>

<serv:gsbStatus>BACKUP</serv:gsbStatus>

<serv:exceptionID>000000</serv:exceptionID>

</serv:response>

</serv:header>

<serv:body></serv:body>

</serv:message>

This is my code in PHP:

$sitename = "mysitename";       

$username = "***";

$password = "***";

$XML = "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>";

$XML .="<serv:message xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\">";

$XML .="<header>";

$XML .="<securityContext>";

$XML .="<webExID>$username</webExID>";

$XML .="<password>$password</password>";

$XML .="<siteName>$sitename</siteName>";

$XML .="</securityContext>";

$XML .="</header>";

$XML .="<body>";

$XML .="<bodyContent  xsi:type=\"meeting.CreateMeeting\">";

$XML = "<metaData>";

$XML = "<confName>Sample2 Meeting</confName>";

$XML = "</metaData>";  

$XML = "<schedule>";

$XML = "<startDate/>";

$XML = "</schedule>";       

$XML .="</bodyContent>";

$XML .="</body>";

$XML .="</serv:message>";

Need help from coomunity. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fail to forward request usually means incorrect siteName value in the secuirtyContext. siteName should be the subdomain of the WebEx site, such as using apidemoeu as the siteName for apidemoeu.webex.com. This also applies to incorrect siteID for the WebEx site, if using siteID instead of siteName in the securityContext. siteName is the recommended value to use between the two, as it is easier to audit.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Fail to forward request can be bad value for sitename or a possible service issue. If you can provide your full code with actual variable values used, I can test from my end to see if the cause is obvious. Do not share any passwords.

Fail to forward request usually means incorrect siteName value in the secuirtyContext. siteName should be the subdomain of the WebEx site, such as using apidemoeu as the siteName for apidemoeu.webex.com. This also applies to incorrect siteID for the WebEx site, if using siteID instead of siteName in the securityContext. siteName is the recommended value to use between the two, as it is easier to audit.

Thank you Nathan. I have already succeed to create meeting using PHP script. I don’t know what the reason. I think maybe I copy n paste sample code from PDF. After I type the XML code manually, it success. Thank you.

-Azrul-