Views
Helpful
Replies

No of License used

sv7
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

How can i know my utilised license count on my umbrella dashboard or anywhere on cisco portal.

Purchased 300 sig essentials license for onprem and off prem deployment.

2 Replies 2

rschlayer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @sv7 

Umbrella is licensed per user, see here https://docs.umbrella.com/deployment-umbrella/docs/monthly-dns-query-average:

Cisco Umbrella DNS Security packages are subject to a Monthly DNS Query Average limit of up to 3,000 DNS queries per Covered User per day. Cisco continuously monitors usage of DNS Security on a monthly basis to determine a customer’s Monthly DNS Query Average.

“Monthly DNS Query Average” = (number of DNS queries in applicable month/number of days in applicable month) /number of licensed Covered Users.

Cisco will work in good faith with customers to resolve any excessive usage. If usage cannot be sufficiently reduced by a customer, it may become necessary to purchase additional Covered Users in order to reduce bandwidth or query limits to acceptable levels

You can check your average per seat in the Dashboard under admin > licensing

BR
Rick

Esha Goyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @sv7 

We consider 1 license/seat as 1 employee/user that has internet access. So if you have 100 users, and they all have 2 devices, you only need 100 seats to cover all 200 devices.

Once you are log in you can find it under the admin section in the left navigation pane:

1. Select Licensing
  2. The number of seats will be shown here.
  3. Further down the page is a chart that will show how much queries per seat are being used

If you have any further question please reach out to your account manager.