cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you use Splunk for logging Jabber instant messages

osoares41
Level 1
Level 1

We are using IM & Presence 12.5.1.  I know that it supports message archiving to a PostgreSQL database and integration with 3rd party compliance services, like Verba recording, but I've never had to set it up.

I'm being asked if these features can integrate with Splunk.  I'm not familiar with Splunk and its different components.  I'm going to post a message to their community as well, but does anyone have experience or know if Splunk can be used as a 3rd party compliance server or if can be used to monitor messages in the SQL database?

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From this link, it seems it can be used to view encrypted data:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/im_compliance/12_5_1/cup0_b_im-compliance-guide-1251/cup0_b_im-compliance-guide-1251_chapter_01.html

But I have no idea how you would configure Splunk to do that, and since it's not mentioned as the actual compliance server, I'm assuming it just read the information from either the compliance server or the DB.

Hopefully you'll have more luck in the Splunk community.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: