cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot communicate with the server (Cisco Jabber)

Hi,

I have Cisco Jabber installed on Windows 10, in the Cisco Jabber application I have successfully logged in several users. However, I have a user that I could not log in to, when logging in I get the message "Cannot communicate with the server".

I already checked the user profile in Cisco Unified CM Administration and everything is fine both the User ID and the mail, the user profile continues as "Enabled Local User" and has not managed to pass to the status "Active Enabled LDAP Synchronized User", I think that is the main problem, I don't know if you can support me with this problem.

Regards

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming the userID does match in CUCM and LDAP, and you meet the requirements for a user to become LDAP, it should be LDAP enabled after you sync, if not, you'd need to look at traces or a sniffer to find out what's going on with the LDAP sync.

Independently of that, any local user should be able to use Jabber assuming everything is properly configured.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I forgot to mention that we also use Okta for User authentication, I don't know if it has to do with the user's profile in Okta

Then I'd suggest you review a PRT to confirm if authentication did happen or if it's not getting past that point, if the user is supposed to be LDAP active, then I'd start by looking into that in first place, once it's LDAP active reset Jabber, and try again.

If no avail, then review the PRT.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate