Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot connect Jabber clients to Presence server

ciscoworlds
Level 4
Level 4

Hi;

I'm a newbie at Collaboration and to learn basics have setup a small lab including CUCM 11, Presence 11 and two Cisco 7821 Phones. I have configured CUCM and Presence and setup a SIP trunk between them according to the documents. I tried to setup Jabber client on Windows but was unsuccessful. first of all, I have created some local users on CUCM and have some LDAP users that have been synchronized with a test AD in which both of the Presence and CUCM are members of that domain. I have configured one of CUCM local users for Jabber Client and finished configuring steps to configure Jabber Clients according to the documents. 

my first question is the format of the username that need to be used with Jabber. the Jabber client says that we must use "username@domain" format, but I saw the videos on the Internet using just normal username and password. regarding to the fact that I've configured one of CUCM local users for the Jabber, I entered it in the form of "username" but Jabber said that the format need to be like "username@domain".

the second issue is that even after writing the username in that format, the Jabber said that "Cannot Communicate With the Server". I can ping both of the CUCM and Presence Server both using their ip addresses and hostnames through my PC on which the Jabber is installed. also I wrote the serves IP address on the Jabber client while trying to connect the Jabber instead of their hostnames. is there any requirement regarding being member of a unique domain?

I tried Jabber for iPad to connect to the Presence but was unsuccessful too. is there any knows issue or tricks regarding this? otherwise, I can briefly explain the steps that I went through them to configure the Presence and CUCM for Jabber clients. 

regards;

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because mostly, you use SRVs to find out the login details, and SRVs work based on domain.

Have you properly configured your SRVs as per the config guides?

Most likely this is just some missing config, or misconfiguration.

I have videos on how to configure the IM&P integration, as well as Jabber config

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFuOESqSTxEvZChqWgAJanctohRMe99CR

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because mostly, you use SRVs to find out the login details, and SRVs work based on domain.

Have you properly configured your SRVs as per the config guides?

Most likely this is just some missing config, or misconfiguration.

I have videos on how to configure the IM&P integration, as well as Jabber config

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFuOESqSTxEvZChqWgAJanctohRMe99CR

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks you @Jaime Valencia for your reply. I took a look at your video and noticed that, in the terms of collaboration, I'm more beginner than to understand the details of the configuration, specially editing *.xml file :) so it is better for me to know the high level of the configuration for now and go to learn the NP materials using whatever that I can use before trying to implement working scenario! anyway thanks for your help man.