Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Find Jabber-config.xml on CUCM

zacholt90
Level 1
Level 1

Morning All,

We would like to customise the jabber-config.xml file so that we can enable some of the advanced features in Jabber such as notifications for incoming hunt group calls.

We cannot however find said config file on the CUCM servers either by TFTP or HTTP.

I have tried navigating to http://10.x.x.x:6970/jabber-config.xml in multiple browsers,

I have also tried via the CLI with the file view tftp command and through OS Administration on CUCM however i cannot find the file at all.

We are running CUCM v11.5 and Jabber 11.8.2 50390

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Uploading the config file to the tftp servers doesn't automagically distribute the file to all your clients or delete what is already in place on the user's PC.

It is only during the startup of Jabber that the client will download the xml.

Please note that after uploading the file, you have to restart the tftp service on the tftp servers.

You don't necessarily have to do this during a maintenance window, as the restart takes only a couple of seconds.

Typically, you would want to write the config file for everyone. If you specifically need another configuration for some users, you can use the "jabber-config-user.xml" file on the end user PC (\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config), but you will have to find another way of distributing the file. (GPO, SCCM,...)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dennis.b
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you previously put the file there yourself? If not, you have to upload it.

Using following website, you can create a config file and upload it to all of your tftp servers in the cluster.

http://www.ciscojabber.io/

please note that this website is not officially Cisco, but it is a very good place to start.

Br,

Dennis

Thank you for sharing this information Dennis.

If you don't mind, would you be able to let me know what the implications of uploading the file to TFTP will be.

Will all Jabber clients automatically pull down the config file?
Will the configs be removed from the clients if i remove the xml file from the TFTP server?

Can I target which users will download the config?

Any help is much appreciated

Uploading the config file to the tftp servers doesn't automagically distribute the file to all your clients or delete what is already in place on the user's PC.

It is only during the startup of Jabber that the client will download the xml.

Please note that after uploading the file, you have to restart the tftp service on the tftp servers.

You don't necessarily have to do this during a maintenance window, as the restart takes only a couple of seconds.

Typically, you would want to write the config file for everyone. If you specifically need another configuration for some users, you can use the "jabber-config-user.xml" file on the end user PC (\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config), but you will have to find another way of distributing the file. (GPO, SCCM,...)

Perfect! Thank you so much!

I have restarted the services and now when jabber loads the features appear!

You can choose a specific .xml to be used by the Jabber clients in the CUCM configuration, how to create, apply the global config, or apply group config files, is all covered in the Jabber configuration documentation, plus, there's a whole doc dedicated just to all the parameters you can use in the .xml file

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: