Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Jabber 4W Default Options

jsmcniel88
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Is there a way to change the default options in Jabber for everyone? Mainly the option for Sounds and Alerts. I need to change this setting to alert/sound on every chat. The default is only NEW chats.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

File -> Options -> Sounds/Alerts.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Thanks for the reply however I was looking for a way to force this setting and making it the default without having to go into settings.

When the client gets installed the "Recieving a first chat message only" is the default. Just about all of my users have asked for it to be "on any chat messages" so I was wanting to force this, like a policy.

The issue is with windows 7 and the chat box getting over looked half the time when minimized.

In 9.1 release it will be possible to change some of the options via jabber-config.xml file. Sounds/Alerts is not included among them. That will be an enhancement in client. I will forward your feedback to client team for review.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Maqsood,

Thanks for the reply. I have a question for you...

Concerning chat history, in OSX we have the ability to clear. Is there any plans to be able to give the user the option to log history or not? Or give them a clear button in J4W?

I have my in house developers writing a program as we speak that will run, check for Jabber running close if it is, ask to delete chat history, go out and delete the @domain.db file and relanch the jabber.

It would be nice to allow the user to decide to log or not and how long to keep. Much like OSX.

Thanks

Ability to clear chat history (1 day, 1 week, 1 month e.t.c) from within client is on the roadmap. You can disable the chat history logging for all users in CUP server (Messaging -> Settings -> Allow clients to log instant message history).

Thanks,

Maqsood

Right, the problem is we have 50% who want it and 50% who do not. So we are giving the users the ability to clear it themselves with our in house program.

I unchecked the box above about a month ago and half the company celebrated and half called the help desk wanting it back.

Good to know it is on the road map.

Thanks for the info.