cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8832-3PCC ad-hoc conference call

sean.wellington
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have a customer who has a Cisco 8832-3PCC-K9 conference phone. Since it's 3PCC, I found that I had to register it to CUCM as a 3rd-party SIP phone. I am encountering a situation where whenever I attempt to ad-hoc conference more than 3 calls using the phone as the bridge, it caps the number of calls to 3, showing "2/2" on the screen whenever I make these attempts. I've tried increasing the number of call appearances per line on the 3PCC web portal and increasing both the maximum number of calls and busy trigger on the phone's line in CUCM. Neither has had any impact on this issue.

How can I go about resolving this issue, or is this just a consequence of the 3PCC firmware?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

3PCC devices are NOT meant to be used with CUCM, nor are supported in any way like what you're doing. If you wanted to use the device with CUCM, you had to buy the non 3PCC variant, or migrate to enterprise FW (there might be an associated cost) 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

3PCC devices are NOT meant to be used with CUCM, nor are supported in any way like what you're doing. If you wanted to use the device with CUCM, you had to buy the non 3PCC variant, or migrate to enterprise FW (there might be an associated cost) 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That's what I figured. Thank you for the response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: