Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IMP Jabber 3 Way Conferences, Screen Sharing, Screen Control

jimihendrix1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

• Can you confirm If I need to have PVDM-3s to support a 3-Way Video Conference with Jabber clients, because I only have the default CUCM software media resources configured (No gateway DSP’s, No MCU’s etc) Point to Point video works and also 3-way AUDIO Conferencing also works perfectly fine, but never 3x way VIDEO conferencing?

• For “screen sharing” to work with at least 3 or more people on Jabber Windows do I also need PVDM-3s? 3-way screen sharing is also not supported in any mode e.g. calling, text chat or video conferencing, However 2-way screen sharing is always supported in all modes.

• Also does Windows Jabber screen sharing support take the “control feature” allowing me to take control of the person sharing the screen?

I know a lot of questions folks, thanks for your help all.

Cheers!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PVDM3 stopped supporting video conferencing about a year ago, that was just a best effort feature, and it has been definitely deferred.

You need to look into MCU, vTP, or CMS for video conferencing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PVDM3 stopped supporting video conferencing about a year ago, that was just a best effort feature, and it has been definitely deferred.

You need to look into MCU, vTP, or CMS for video conferencing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jamie!