cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber (android, iPhone, mac, and Windows) not able to attach photo, and file

Hong Keat Looi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have Jabber implemented in our office and we notice that all of these clients was not able attach photo, camera and file and send to peer to peer clients.

Wondering is that anythings i have set wrong to prevent the file transferring ?

Appreciate your comments and help. Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

P2P file transfer is enabledby default in jabber. Please check if there is any other parameter defined in jabber-config.xml file to block the transfer. Also check on presence server if p2p file transfer is enabled. Incase if on presence server the file transfer is not p2p i.e mft has been selected then you have to proceed accordingly. Please do check if file transfer option is greyed out or not on jabber.

Hi Varundeep

Thank you for your comment. 

The jabber-config.xml is <File_Transfer_Enabled>true</File_Transfer_Enabled>.

IMP p2p is selected and my File transfer service is activated. That's why this make me confuse that whether my jabber is working or not. 

By the way, In my Jabber, the file transfer option is totally grey out. Any ideas, what makes this option greyed out ? 

looking at the below doc , it seems all parameters are fine.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_C1247C0B_00_cisco-jabber-parameters-reference-guide/CJAB_BK_C1247C0B_00_cisco-jabber-parameters-reference-guide_chapter_0100.html

do check if you are trying to share the file peer to peer or in a group chat. this is because if you trying to share the file in group chat , you will receive the grey out if MFT is not configured. else incase of p2p , you should get an option of transfer the file. can you share you jabber-config.xml file.

please make sure all ports are open for file transfer to get complete. refer the below doc.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_C1247C0B_00_cisco-jabber-parameters-reference-guide/CJAB_BK_C1247C0B_00_cisco-jabber-parameters-reference-guide_chapter_0100.html

There's something that doesn't sound quite right on your description.

If the service you're referring to, is the Cisco XCP File Transfer Manager service, and it's shows up as running and started, that service will ONLY start once all of the config for MFT is in place. If you try to start that service without the proper config in place (External DB and External File Server) it will never start.

That service, is NOT used for P2P.

Now, according to what you say, you're supposedly using P2P under Messaging -> File Transfer, correct?

It could be that MFT was used at some point, and then it was removed, however, there might be something stuck from that config. By default, if MFT is configured and available, that should be the first option, if not, then P2P is used.

If MFT is not being used, you can stop the Cisco XCP File Transfer Manager, I'd also suggest restarting the Cisco XCP Router as changes to the file transfer config usually ask for a restart. Logout from Jabber, and then try to log back in, and see if that made a difference.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate