Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Directory Connection Error

m.santangelo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are using Cisco IM & Presence / Jabber in our district.  We have it configured to use Windows Active Directory as the login provider.  We recently changed our DCs from 241/242 to 141/142, as part of migrating from 2008->2016 servers.

We managed to find the locations in the Cisco configuration to allow logins, which is great.  However, we are now seeing an issue with the Directory settings in Jabber.  Specifically, I can't find the settings to change the directory address from 241 to 141.  jabber_1.png

Any advice would be appreciated.

-Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to download the full jabber-config.xml via

http://ucmip:6970/jabber-config.xml

I then modified the 4 lines that pointed to the old address to the new address.

Then I logged into Cisco Unified OS Administration, navigated Software Upgrades -> TFTP File Management and deleted the old file, then uploaded the new jabber-config.xml.

Then I logged into Cisco Unified Serviceability, navigated Tools -> Control Center Feature Services -> selected the UC Server and restarted TFTP services.

I did this for both UC servers in our environment.  I had to manually pull down settings in the clients, but it worked.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It can be configured in various places, and depends on the CUCM version, so you'd need to check the .xml and/or the service profiles if applicable.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the quick reply!

We're on version 10.5.  In UC we have two defined UC Services, one for each DC 141 and 142... The service profiles seem to be set to use those two UC Services for contacts... Still showing the wrong IP though.

I'm not sure how to check the XML files though. 

I connected to the CUCM CLI and ran file view tftp jabber-config.xml and the lines are in there. 
<PrimaryServerName>10.200.1.242</PrimaryServerName>
<BDIPrimaryServerName>10.200.1.242</BDIPrimaryServerName>
<ServerPort1>3268</ServerPort1>
<BDIServerPort1>3268</BDIServerPort1>
<SecondaryServerName>10.200.1.241</SecondaryServerName>
<BDISecondaryServerName>10.200.1.241</BDISecondaryServerName>

That's a start! Thank you!

I was able to download the full jabber-config.xml via

http://ucmip:6970/jabber-config.xml

I then modified the 4 lines that pointed to the old address to the new address.

Then I logged into Cisco Unified OS Administration, navigated Software Upgrades -> TFTP File Management and deleted the old file, then uploaded the new jabber-config.xml.

Then I logged into Cisco Unified Serviceability, navigated Tools -> Control Center Feature Services -> selected the UC Server and restarted TFTP services.

I did this for both UC servers in our environment.  I had to manually pull down settings in the clients, but it worked.

Thanks!