Views
Helpful
Replies

CMWS 2.5 Recordings

Scott Beauton
Level 1
Level 1

Running CWMS 2.5 on Prem.  

Does anyone know if the Meeting Recordings can use CIF instead of NFAS Mount Point?

Does anyone know what the permissions need to be for the file share?   

Thanks in advance.   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CIFS is not supported with CWMS only NFS is supported. For permissions etc. refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide_chapter_01110.html#task_4A68696836634ECDADFE4B8223540617

Configuring a Storage Server

Use your storage server to back up your system and store meeting recordings. During a Disaster Recovery (see Disaster Recovery by using the Storage Server), these backups can be used to restore the system. (The supported storage method is Network File System (NFS)). Verify that your storage server is accessible from all internal virtual machines. (There is also a VMware-provided VMware Data Recovery feature to backup the virtual machines. See http:/​/​www.vmware.com/​pdf/​vdr_​11_​admin.pdf for more information.)

On Linux-based storage systems, this depends on the configuration of your read/write permissions for anonymous users for a specific directory to be used for your Network File System (NFS).

On Windows-based storage systems, this depends on the Network Access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users setting. In addition, you must provide the Everyone user group read and write permissions for the NFS.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CIFS is not supported with CWMS only NFS is supported. For permissions etc. refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide_chapter_01110.html#task_4A68696836634ECDADFE4B8223540617

Configuring a Storage Server

Use your storage server to back up your system and store meeting recordings. During a Disaster Recovery (see Disaster Recovery by using the Storage Server), these backups can be used to restore the system. (The supported storage method is Network File System (NFS)). Verify that your storage server is accessible from all internal virtual machines. (There is also a VMware-provided VMware Data Recovery feature to backup the virtual machines. See http:/​/​www.vmware.com/​pdf/​vdr_​11_​admin.pdf for more information.)

On Linux-based storage systems, this depends on the configuration of your read/write permissions for anonymous users for a specific directory to be used for your Network File System (NFS).

On Windows-based storage systems, this depends on the Network Access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users setting. In addition, you must provide the Everyone user group read and write permissions for the NFS.

-Terry

Thanks for your help with this.  

No worries Scott - glad that helped!

-Terry

Do we require a plugin call webex player? for accessing the recording on desktop? do we need to download any kind of plugin/?

It will automatically prompt you to install the webex plugin, the first time you try to play the recording if you dont have webex productivity tools installed.

Refer to the same youtube video, towards the end in that video a recording and playback is demonstrated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=velHF3AK4pw

Please do rate all helpful posts.

-Terry

Hi Terry,

I have CWMS 2.5 and I enabled meeting server recording using NFS but I'm wondering how i can enable the option to record the meeting on my local machine instead of recording on the server ? 

thanks

Hi Ahmed,

With CWMS you can only do server side recording and then after the fact you can download the recording to your machine.

-Dejan

so how the recording on local machine option is available when i attend a TAC support webex meeting ?

HI Ahmed,

Cisco TAC is using WebEx SaaS and not CWMS for providing support to customers. WebEx SaaS has a different range of capabilities from CWMS.

I hope this clarifies it.

-Dejan

Hi All,

Thanks for above solution. Now I came to know how we can store recordings etc in NFS system by giving path ( IP address of backup storage server)

So Can any one let me know if I wanted to listen to my recording how do i access it? from were I can get the audio or video to play?

As far I know in the storage server we can see the files but I dont think we can directly access those.

Is there any options to access individuals past meeting? and also till how many months/years recording can be kept?

Regards,

Ajith

Hello Ajith,

You can do it from the Webex site. You can either play it or download and play it, refer to below link for both the options:

Ref: www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/User_Guide/User_Guide/User_Guide_chapter_0111.html#task_33F1F1ECCBC14E3DBE19A0EB8E04C6EE

Playing a Meeting Recording

Procedure

Step 1  Sign in to your WebEx site.

The Meetings page appears.

Note   

If you are having sign in issues, make sure that cookies are enabled in your browser. You cannot sign in to Cisco WebEx if cookies are disabled.

Step 2  Select the Recordings tab.

The Meeting Recordings page appears with the list of available recordings.

Step 3  Locate the meeting recording that you want to access.
    Tip   

If the meeting list is too long, search for the recording by entering a search term in the available box then selecting Search.

Step 4  Do one of the following to play the recording:
    • Select the topic name.
    • Select the drop-down arrow in the Options column and select Play.

The recording launches in a separate window.

-Terry